Friday, October 17, 2008

I did it!!

I know that I'm hopelessly behind the times, but last night was the first time I had ever IMed. I know everybody, young & old, uses Instant messaging all the time, including my granddaughter and the young people using computers at the library. My family & circle of friends has been content with e-mail for the most part. If we want instant communication we still pick up the phone. Anyway, I had a nice conversation with Allana at the Library Commission last night, so I guess I have completed Thing #5. I really don't see myself using it a whole lot though.

Would it be useful at our library? I just don't know. I'm certainly very clumsy at using it and I don't see my two aides being a whole lot better. For the present we will still rely on the telephone for reference questions that don't involve a patron coming in and standing in front of the desk. But, I can at least tell my granddaughter that I CAN IM. I doubt if she'll want to become my "friend" though. It's probably not cool to IM with Grandma. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment