Thursday, November 20, 2008

Feeling wintry

It's feeling wintry around here today. Wind, colder temperatures and occasional snow flurries. Supposed to stay this way for the next several days. The gas bill came on Monday and it had already doubled from the last one so it's going to be a cold winter. Cold outside, cold at work, cold at home. Sometimes the only way to get warm is to crawl in bed for a while. I think I need some of those fingerless gloves for work because my fingers get too stiff to type when my hands are cold. We're trying to cut heating expenses at the library so it's never really warm and the heat ducts are in the ceiling. The heat never quite reaches the level I'm at when working at my desk. I really wish it was April instead of November.

On the quilting front, I got the first inner border put on the "camper" quilt. I plan to put on a narrow black one and then a wider one of a rich, dark brown print.

I finished the customer Christmas stockings & was going to bring them to work with me today and have her pick them up, but I forgot. Oh well, I promised them for before Thanksgiving so I still have some time.

A few days ago I did some Christmas shopping online and the packages are starting to arrive. So far I've only bought one thing in an actual brick & mortar store. I'm not fond of shopping at all except for books and fabric, and I do most of the book shopping online too. What in the world did people like me do before the Internet?? Oh, right. MAIL ORDER CATALOGS. lol

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that you are such an inspiration to me! I hope you don't mind but I nominated you for the Kreativ Quilter Award. Please follow the link to find out more! http://quiltingandotherramblings.blogspot.com/.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog because of Roberta, who recommends you.
    Nice blog, and your writings are lovely.

    ReplyDelete