Monday, November 10, 2008

Thing #12 -- LibraryThing

I'm all recovered from election day now and back at work on the 23 Things. Last Tues. was a loooooooong day. 6:30am to 9:30pm by the time I took the ballots to the courthouse after the polls closed.

I just finished learning all about LibraryThing and entered a few books that I've read. I like how quickly it catalogs. We'd have to pay extra to get that feature on our library automation system. When I get some time (ha) I want to explore the groups some more, I've only looked at a couple so far. I'll be honest, when I first read about LibraryThing my first thought was, "Wow, another social networking thing. Just what the world needs. But, at least it's about books." After reading further and actually using it I can see some possibilities. Maybe we need a 24th thing -- how to clone yourself--so we have time to try out some of those possibilities in our libraries!

Anyway, here's the URL to "my" little library:
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/linda5264

No comments:

Post a Comment