Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Strips Cut!

Last night about 10:30 I went to my sewing room and cut the strips for the framing pieces for my Happy Blocks. I should have gone ahead and done the sub-cutting because once I got into bed I just laid there and listened to the wind howl. I always have a hard time getting to sleep when the wind blows so hard. I can sleep like a baby through the worst thunder & lightning storm, but a little wind keeps me awake. Strange, I know. But then I think mice are cute too. Don't want 'em in my house, but they're cute. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hay. I got mine cut this morning. Around 80 or so blocks. So Now I am ready to start sewing in the morning. I wish I were a kid so I could have that kitty quilt! Flicsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's terrible windy here too, and it makes it COLD in here, I turned the furnace up! Tonight or tomorrow I will cut on Happy Blocks, I have the fabric ironed. I really don't HAVE any kids novelty fabric, so will have to make enough blocks for a top. I am thinking "manly" type blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your kind comment on my blog. my sister is the most loyal library user i know. i had to read your comment to her, since she is here visiting. :)

    have fun with your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I don't think I have enough of any one type to make an entire quilt but I bet the cat blocks are going to be really fun - I never could figure out why they had so many more cute cat fabrics than dog ones.

    ReplyDelete