Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Working my scraps......"



The piles on the right are considerably larger now and the pile on the left is a lot smaller. The pile of scraps and smaller pieces of material had all been ironed several months ago. I finally got tired of moving the pile and got busy cutting them into 3 1/2", 2 1/2", 2" and 1 1/2" strips. Smaller chunks get cut into 3 1/2" x 6 1/2 bricks. Pieces that don't work as bricks get put on a pile to be cut into smaller squares and short leftover strips get put in the "strings" pile. I have a tub of fabric odds and ends left to press & cut up and a copier paper box of smaller scraps. Right now my cutting hand hurts so the rest of the current pile will wait a couple days for me to finish.

I've printed out several patterns from QUILTVILLE.COM that I want to make some day. I have Fons & Porter's twosy/foursy book as well so I cut some 4 1/2" strips when the piece of fabric is big enough. There's a couple of those I'd like to make someday too. Judging from the amount of fabric I have to use I'll have to live to be a 110 at least.

2 comments:

  1. I need to do that again too. I've got one bin of 3 1/2" and one bin of 2" and various sized blocks and strings. But am I using them? Not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ironing and cutting is definitely more work than the sewing!!

    ReplyDelete