Monday, February 15, 2010

Still listening to the wind howl

I'm still sitting here listening to the wind howl........at times almost a bad as last night and the night before...and all day yesterday and today. Enough already!!!  Many highways & roads in the area are closed to normal traffic...one way for emergency traffic only. At this rate they will all be drifted shut again by morning. One closing notice said the road would be closed until further notice. June, maybe??

Since all the schools in the surrounding area were closed today and the wind chill at 8:30 this morning was around 18-20 below zero I called a snow day for the library too and stayed warm inside out of the vicious wind. I didn't see any sense in struggling through the blowing snow & bone-chilling cold to get to the library to babysit a bunch of bored kids playing games on the computers.  It's not like they'd actually check out books to read or anything constructive like that. Let their parents enjoy their company.

Sunday while I listened to the wind I did the machine applique on a couple blocks for a friend in Quilt Club who wants them for a quilt for a grandson getting married soon. I think at tomorrow night's meeting we will be doing something for her. Not to long after our last meeting she fell on the ice and hit her head. She's been in the hospital & rehab ever since.

 

This afternoon I got myself moving to iron the pillowcases I made and washed for the Million Pillowcase challenge so they are all ready to be donated now. It was a great way to use up a bit more than 20 yds. of stash.


Some of the wind gusts make the whole house shudder.  Makes me feel cold. It must be time to go crawl under the quilts & flannel sheets and try to sleep, but the wind noise makes it hard.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am impressed with the pillowcases! My group is sewing next Saturday and you have set the bar high! Hope you're staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your weather is awful. Spring will be here soon - it's almost March now. I think it is wonderful that you can take snow days when you want. Take care of yourself - and get some light - whether it is an Ott light, or stepping outside for short periods of time.

    ReplyDelete