Sunday, March 21, 2010

Great Quilting Day

National Quilting Day started out dark and early at 5am to leave for Fremont by 6am for the Heartstrings Nebraska sew-in at Keene Memorial Library. For the first day of Spring it felt pretty un-Spring-like with the cold wind. Still, we had a good turn-out with quilters from SD, MN, KS/MO and even Hawaii as well as Nebraskans.

We had a fun and productive day working on QAYG blocks and setting tops together, Jay served an excellent lunch, and a few of us made a trip to the quilt shop. We drooled over the quilting machines on display, admired all the wonderful fabrics and demonstrated considerable restraint in purchasing. :-)

Being a librarian, I had to take a little self-guided tour of the library and visited with one of the staff a little bit. I intended to get back up to the genealogy section to look through a couple of the Germans to America books, but that didn't happen. Maybe next time.

Here are a few pictures of our hard-working group. Mary has some on her blog so I'll try not to post repeats. Others will probably show up on other blogs as well.









Darn, I see I didn't get a picture of our host, but I know he's in a couple of the pictures on Mary's blog.

I enjoyed meeting a great bunch of quilters and working on a worthwhile project. I don't get up at 5am for just anything!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I had some of Jay -- thanks for posting the additional photos and it was great meeting you in person!

    ReplyDelete