Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pink!!!!!!

I have no idea why this picture turned out so pink. Must have had something to do with the lighting and the pale pink cutting mat interacting with the flash. Yeah, that must be it. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 

That little computer on the right is what I spent most of my day working on today. Isn't it cute? It wouldn't boot up any more so it's mama brought it to me. The whole operation would have gone pretty well if the driver disk would have worked in my external DVD drive. You know how you used to get that driver disk with all computers and never used it because everything was included on the Windows disk? Well, on these little guys you need it. Otherwise no sound, no wi-fi, no ethernet, no graphics adjustments...in other words, lots of things don't work without those drivers. Sooooooo....after a certain amount of stubborn-ness and frustration I used my laptop to search the Internet for the drivers, downloaded them, burned them to a disk that would work in the DVD drive and got them installed. Whew. Then added anti-virus, anti-spyware, Adobe Reader, Flash, Shockwave and Windows updates. Finally done!!

These little things are cute but not all that practical for everyday use. They don't have CD-ROM or DVD drives and this one only has a 8GB hard-drive. Typing on it is tricky....everything is kind of scrunched together, the shift keys are small and some keys are in different places.  My old laptop looks huge and cumbersome beside the little cutie but I think I'll stick with it. Much more practical for the things I do.

I got to play with a little netbook and tomorrow it can go back to it's mama....we'll both be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment