Monday, November 1, 2010

New record set

We had THREE Trick-or-Treaters last night. That's right, THREE. A great improvement over the past two years when we didn't have any at all.  I remember when my kids went out....I think they hit every house in town. Aren't kids greedy for candy any more? Or is it that their parents are driving them now and will only go to the streets where the houses are close together?? Halloween just isn't what it used to be.

Tomorrow I work at the election so it will be a loooonnnngg day. Predictions are for low voter turnout so it could be boring as well. Maybe the school board race or sheriff's race will bring them out. Hope so. I hate sitting there trying to stay awake & thinking of all the sewing I could be getting done if I was home. How many complaints do you suppose there would be if I set my sewing machine up on the table next to the ballots & kept myself busy.  The County Clerk's phone would probably be ringin' of the wall. LOL

2 comments:

  1. We had over 160 Trick-or-Treaters last night and shut the lights off at 8PM. A few years ago when I worked at the polls, I took hand work to keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of times when I worked the polls, I took some handwork with me - binding the quilt. One of the two times, I had plenty of time, and was able to get the whole quilt bound. Almost sold the quilt too! But the second time, was so busy that I didn't even remember I brought it.

    ReplyDelete