Friday, October 28, 2011

Memory Lane

Tonight I took myself down to the basement and pulled the box of scraps off the shelf to  sort out blues for Jamestown Landing. Found a nice batch, too.  It turns out the box was full of scraps from the days when I made craft items to sell at area craft shows back in the 80s and early 90s. All those country blues, mauve, peach and seafoam green, plus the earthtones that were so popular then. Quite the trip down memory lane.

Those craft shows just aren't what they used to be. Now the majority of the tables are home businesses selling manufactured products. In a way that's kind of nice, too.  I hate going to the products parties at friends' homes because I always feel obligated to buy something, even if there's nothing I really want. At a show I can cruise around the room and look to my heart's content and not feel guilty if I don't buy a thing. Times change and change isn't all bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment