Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last One For The Year



I finished this one last night. It's in the washer now and will be packed up with the RWB Heartstrings quilt I showed previously to be sent to Alycia in Co for QOV.

The Heartstrings one was going to be sent off last month, but then I remembered these extra blocks and the little cut-off black & white triangles from another project and put this together.  There is room in the box for two, so I waited.

Are you ready for Christmas?  I still have to wrap presents and then do the boring stuff like cleaning.  This year I'm shaking up the Christmas Dinner menu a bit. For the 20-25 years I've done Christmas Dinner, ever since my mom quite doing it, we've had turkey and all the trimmings.  I'm ready for something different so I'm doing pork loin roast and scalloped potatoes along with pies and dinner rolls. The kids can bring the sides.  I'm sure there will be protest, but as long as there's pumpkin pie I doubt if they'll leave before eating. :)


3 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful -- I'm sure Alycia will be happy to get both quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this quilt Linda, its cherry and old fashioned!

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great quilt! All solids? Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete