Friday, September 28, 2012

Almost Gone

Ah, September is almost gone...yet it seems like in just got started. Today is my youngest's birthday. He's 36. I guess if I was a seriously dedicated blogger I would have dug out one of his baby pictures and posted it...or maybe the naked-in-the-bath- tub picture....every kid has one of those, right?

Nope, and I'm not posting pictures of the jars of pears I've canned. Or the jars of apples before that. Or the jars of beef I canned today. Or the pear pies I've made. Yum!!

There hasn't been any sewing or quilting going on.

There was a little genealogy excitement. One of the DH's ancestors who has been very hard to find has seemingly turned up thanks to a great ancestor hunter in Iowa. With her last name spelled differently than any of us had.  This ancestors father-in-law is still a bit of a brick wall. We know his name, but not his father's name.....and there were a gazillion Baileys in the NY-VT-NH area. Often several in one generation with the same name, but not even closely related.

So there you have it. My September. How was yours?





1 comment:

  1. your mentioning genealogy--today and lady came in and was working on "adopt-a-grave" information. Hmmm---there are 25 requests for my home town. Do you know anything about this site??

    ReplyDelete