Monday, December 10, 2012

Here It All Sits

Five boxes and a couple bags of sorted out Christmas stuff on it's way to the Christmas thrift store.



I have to admit, I feel kind of Scrooge-like for getting rid of the biggest share of a life-time collection. But, I'm tired of all of it and someone else might as well enjoy it. I think when I put my Christmas stuff away this year it will all fit into 2, maybe three boxes, a big bag and the tree coffin.  There will be empty space on the storage shelves. Yahoo!!!

4 comments:

  1. I did the same thing last year but wasn't so good about taking it to the thrift store--I just stored it under our stairs in boxes marked, "do not need". You were better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I'm trying to do the same thing. It's hard but if the kids don't want it and I haven't used it recently it needs to be donated. I want to drastically down size and that requires major letting go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tree coffin?

    I did the exact opposite, went out and bought all new, no memories there but it is cheerful and pleases me and that is all that matters.

    I really like the color of your carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year I handed most of my Christmas tree ornaments to the Sunday School teacher and told her she could decorate the outdoor Christmas tree in front of the church with them (with the children). We haven't had a tree up in years because of the cats. For all I know the ornaments may come back to me after Christmas, but it was good to go to church and see my old Christmas ornament friends again.

    ReplyDelete