Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Told You......


...there was some quilting going on at my house!


 I call this one "Scrappy Stars".  It is being donated for the silent auction at my brother-in-law's benefit in Brunswick on June 1 at the auditorium. Fabrics are cotton, batting is Hobbs Polydown, 80" X 98", machine pieced, machine quilted.
 

This one is for my #2  Granddaughter for her confirmation. Orange & a teal blue with lime green binding. She will either love it or hate it. Haven't measured it since I finished it, but it should be a more-than-generous double-bed size.  I'm just calling it "Framed Nine-Patch", though I have called it "the monstrosity."   I must say I like it better with the lime green binding on than I did without it.

Now I'm on to the next one using the BQ Quilt pattern redrafted to a 12" size in dusty purple, chocolate brown and a light print with a cream background and some purple, brown & a little green. I wouldn't have thought to put purple & brown together, but that is what was requested. I think it will look fine in the bedroom it's destined for.


No comments:

Post a Comment