Would you believe I just wrote a whole post, went back to make a slight correction and the whole thing just disappeared? I'm bad enough at posting anyway and then the whole thing just goes POOF???
OK, so I don't post much, but I have been sewing. The tops for the twins' quilts are done. I knew I didn't have any piece of fabric big enough for backs so was going to have to piece or order some. In the end I dug around in the basement for some of my leftover fat quarters from my fabric dying and selling days. They've been "mellowing" for quite a few years now and it's time to use them up. Here's one result:
Bright! It looks a little strange because the pieces are all overlapped for lack of space. They are all 16 1/2" squares.
The other backing (that I didn't think to get a picture of) is in shades of blue, aqua and lighter blue-greens.
This plan made quite a dent in the "pretty" leftovers, but there are still a bunch of strange greens and dark teals. Those are the result of trying to match a batch of really pretty warm mossy & limey greens I dyed. I kept samples of each, but neglected to write down exactly which colors and brands of dye I used (you know, I would REMEMBER!) Yeah, right! All those strange colors are the result of several attempts to match the desired colors. Never happened! I have some ideas though and may try again after ordering the colors I THINK I need.
Here's a clue: Write it down!!!!!