Sunday, July 6, 2014

Last Day of the Long Weekend

Well, not so long since I had to work on Saturday.  A peaceful 4th of July weekend at any rate...some work, some yummy food I don't usually make, a little sewing, a nice long phone conversation with a cousin I don't see very often. When I got up this morning I wasn't sure what I'd do today. The quilt I thought I would finish binding got done yesterday after work and I finished the book I was reading later in the evening, so here's this mess...


It will be a Quilts of Valor quilt someday.  Kind of a Jelly-Roll Race quilt, but not quite. I used the strip calculator at Jo's Country Junction to figure out how many strips to cut and I'm using her directions for putting it together in the size I want not the size a jelly-roll race quilt gives you. The colors are supposed to be reminiscent of camo...browns, tans and greens...we'll see.

Now, brace yourselves for cute grandchildren pictures...don't say I didn't warn you!!!  LOL




















Our little firecrackers in their 4th of July outfits. I really like Holden's shirt..."I (heart) chicks with sparklers".  He's gonna be a heart breaker some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment