Friday, March 2, 2012

And She's Back...

....to sewing, that is.  I'll admit I was going a little stir crazy just existing and trying not to move to much. I love reading, but you can only read so much.

Anyway, I saw this block on a Missouri Star Quilt Co. video on youTube and decided to work one up using strip sets with 5 - 2 1/2"  strips to see what size block I ended up with.


It made a 13.75" block unfinished, so setting it 4 x 5 with 5" borders all around will make a nice sized QOV quilt.

It's an easy block to make, but I don't think it would make a good group block since it depends on a very consistent seam allowance and you're dealing with a lot of bias edges. It definitely needs borders to hold all that bias in place for quilting. 

I'm going to make up a QOV quilt in R/W/B, but I think it would be pretty in multi-color scraps, or bright print/solids or baby prints/solids. A very versatile pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I love this block!

    Would you mind sharing the link for the video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that block, but not being a quilter, what's a QOV quilt?

    ReplyDelete