Thursday, October 11, 2018

Surprise!!!

It's only been three months since I last posted, but who's counting, right? Anyway, here's a quote from Bonnie K. Hunter's blog that really caught my eye:


And some days annoying people is what it's all about! (wicked grin)

Honestly, I couldn't believe it had been three months. Time has flown by, but now Summer is gone and Fall is going by fast. September was too hot and humid and now all October is giving us is rain and chilliness. We're supposed to get some rain, maybe mixed with a little snow, again tomorrow.

Canning and freezing is about done for another year. I might can a batch of butternut squash yet and some chicken and then put the canning equipment away. The only fresh produce we're having now is the squash, Asian pears and a few apples from the very tops of the trees. The garden is cleaned off after a very productive season.

This is the only quilt that I've made start to finish this year. Actually it was pieced last year and quilted this Summer. It's being mailed off for Quilts of Valor tomorrow, along with another one.


I got the blocks finished for two more quilts so far this year and at least two tops are waiting to be quilted. (There's also a Double Wedding Ring top that I pieced years ago that is hiding in a box under my bed that I haven't been quite brave enough to tackle yet.) I got the backing for one of them pieced on Monday, but won't load it just yet. A lady called and asked if I could quickly get a quilt quilted for her next week if she can get it too me early in the week and I said yes. Now I ask myself, "Why?"

For two months straight I took paper foundations and r/w/b strips & strings to my quilt group meetings and had the ladies help foundation piece blocks for QOV quilts. This month our hostess forgot that she was hostess & should have a project lined up for us so I went home and got one batch of blocks for the ladies to de-paper. I thank them for all their help. Now I just need to get to work and finish the quilts up.

OK, that's about it, the last three months in a nutshell.












1 comment:

  1. Phew, you will be in winter mode so soon. Canning, I have not done that but in earlier years did so much bottling, and freezing.It will be so wonderful for you in the winter to be able to open a can and know it is all your own goodness there.

    ReplyDelete