Friday, March 6, 2009

Not much going on.................

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. There just isn't much going on lately. I've been sewing but there aren't any pictures to share...maybe by the end of the weekend.

At work I've been getting things together to submit the annual state report. The reporting program's been changed this year so who knows how that will go.....I had just mastered the old version. Another form went in to the Universal Service Fund for our E-rate rebate......so glad all that can be done online now. I got pretty sick of filling out all those multi-page forms.

I've also been trying to update the software on the two Gates grant computers the library received almost six years ago. The Centurion Guard hardware wasn't working correctly on one of them & I was pretty frustrated by the time I got it all figured out. It had been a while since anything had been done to them & it's taking forever. XP sp2 had never been installed & had to be before the new version of AVG anti-virus would work. Thurs. night when I shut down the 1st of 52 Windows updates started installing on one & sp2 was still installing on the other one. They are both getting Office 2007.

By the way, the library got a letter stating we are not eligible for the new Gates grant. Even though our four main patron computers are almost 6 and 8 yrs old, we have one in the meeting room that is about 4 yrs old & is used with the microfilm reader. They say for our size & poverty level we only need one computer that is 4 yrs. old or less. Technically that computer is public use, but since it is in the meeting room & attached to the microfilm reader is is only used for overflow when all the others are in use. Guess it's a good thing I'm really good at repairs & bug clean-up so these can be kept running for who knows how long. It's becoming a personal challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment