Sunday, March 8, 2009

Something finished...


Here you can see the Double Delight blocks all laid out on my living room floor. It's the only place in the house big enough to lay out a quilt. I knew I liked this quilt but once it was laid out I decided I LOVED it!! The combination of colors just works for me.




And here it is all sewed together with borders and all. I don't think I've ever done this much sewing on any one quilt. The color scheme is the same as the original instructions since I was trying to come up with a quilt to make using blue/brown/pink anyway. The browns are all different prints since I didn't have enough of any one to do the whole thing. I did the outside border corners the same as one of the pictures of someone else's finished top that I saw. Best of all, it's all made from stash. Not sure how I'll quilt it yet but I have another top I need to quilt first so there's time to think about it.

It's really good this top is done. I was appliqueing some hearts on blocks for a group quilt and my Pfaff suddenly decided it was going out of time. Didn't hit a pin or anything, stopped stitching to turn the block a little & when it started back up it made a bird's nest on the bottom & the timing was suddenly way off. Guess it will have to go see the sewing machine doctor. I finished the block on my little Brother machine. It's a nice enough machine but IT JUST ISN'T MY PFAFF.

3 comments:

  1. That turned out just lovely!!!!! Really great job!! I love the colors you picked.
    Don't cha just love looking at other people's projects that they have going on?? It is one of my favorite things about blogging!
    :) dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job!!! like your corners. It really adds to the quilt. Flicsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny about the machine. I just got mine back and it was the wheel that had a "dry" spot on it and the machine kept telling me it was sick! I got it back and it feels so much better.
    You sure do good work. Love it.

    ReplyDelete