Monday, April 2, 2012

Big Day

Whoo Hoo, today the 1940 U.S. Census was released. Genealogists have been eagerly waiting for this. As a matter of fact, they were so eager and wrote so much about it on their blogs that I got a little sick of reading about it. Now the great day is here and the blogs are saying the hosting servers were overwhelmed and getting blank screens wasn't unusual.

I want to see if a couple great-uncles are in the census, but I think I'll wait a while to check until all the furor dies down a little. Those great-uncles aren't going anywhere.

Here's the next quilt all loaded on the machine and just waiting for me to make that first pass.


I always like pictures on blog posts, don't you?


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I too like pictures on blogs, all word posts seem to be missing that extra interest that we wait for.I know it takes more time and sometimes they need editing,cropping etc, but photos to me make a blog so special.And now I am using Live Writer, instead of blogger to write my posts, the editing with it is so much easier and better.Cheers from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I did one comment and then there were THREE, don't know if I did something or it just happened. I deleted one, and will be extra careful with this.Cheers from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quilt! I like photos on blogs too which is why I use so many on my own blog. I feel they help to tell my story.

    ReplyDelete