Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's Wednesday...

.....and it rained!!  It's been a while since we last saw rain.

There's also another quilt on the machine.



This is a BIG one...95 in. wide. There's just barely enough room to park the machine off the edge of the quilt.  I once did one that was 99 in. wide and that was a real hassle....plus I worried that the machine might leak oil on the quilt. This is about as big as I want to go with my 10 ft. frame.

Tuesday night was Quilt Club at Luanne's house.  I took my little Brother sewing machine along and sewed a bunch of half square triangles that I had stayed up till 10 the night before cutting. Could have gone to bed earlier because I still have a lot of that batch left to sew. I really wish I'd taken my camera along. Maxine won a wonderful antique quilt at the Verdigre Quilt Show. And of course Luanne had plenty of wonderful food for us to snack on. Her daughter makes delicious desserts...I could have made a meal on the Fruit Pizza alone.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of evening, especially the fruit pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what pattern are these big quilts? And will you have a picture of Maxine's quilt?? What project are the HST's for?

    ReplyDelete