Sunday, December 2, 2012

Looking For Some Christmas Spirit

When it's 67 degrees out and the outdoor scenery is all kind of brown & blah it's kind of hard to "think Christmas."

I did take myself Christmas shopping on Wednesday in O'Neill.  Now that there is a Shopko store there the shopping is a little better.  Thurs., Fri., & Sat. was their Grand Opening but everything was marked with the sale prices already on Wed., so I lucked out.  I have a pretty good handle on Christmas gifts now, with the things I ordered online.  Still a few things to get, of course.

I need to get started on some cleaning, but don't really want to think about that.

Today I started making room for the Christmas tree and a few other Christmas_y things.  I used to decorate the house to within an inch of it's life, but now I like a less cluttered, more simple look.  Is that an age thing??  I've been sorting through stuff and only bring up the stuff I want to use from the basement. Before I started bringing stuff up I had to take stuff down....empty jars, canners, car show trophies, etc.  Many trips up and down the stairs. (How come I'm not thin?)

My kitty was helping me. Here she is holding down the tree skirt and stand so they don't get away before the tree gets set up. She'll spend the season hanging out under the tree. She does it every year.


Maybe I'll feel more "Christmas_y" once the tree is decorated and the lights are turned on.  I'll set out a few of my Santas and call it good.

Once I've decorated like I want I think I'll take the rest of the stuff to Good Will or the thrift store or something.  My eventual goal is to have all my Christmas stuff in ONE good sized tub and the tree storage "casket."








No comments:

Post a Comment