Tuesday, July 12, 2011

CPD23 Week 4.....Reflective Practice

Reflective Practice....writing about it isn't the easiest thing in the world. I'm looking back at the "Things" we've learned about so far. Some have been new, others were refreshers of what we learned in Nebr. 2.0.  I continue to blog, and enjoy it for the most part. I'm considering moving our library website to the blog format.

Twitter held no value for me. Maybe if I worked at a bigger library with lots and lots of activities going on and had a patron base that were heavy Twitter users, it might be different.  I still can't see that I would use Pushnote.

"Branding"  is the new buzzword for libraries and fodder for workshop presenters. I still don't think I have a "BRAND."  I'm wife, mother, grandmother, friend, quilter, genealogy researcher, computer fixer and on and on. At this point in my life I'm not really interested in establishing a "brand." I'm thinking more about retirement. For someone just starting out in a career, maybe establishing some sort of professional "brand." is important, but then again maybe it's just the latest fad and in a couple of years we'll leave the branding to the cowboys and the big corporations who are trying to sell us something.

Upon further reflection, the thing I need to concentrate on is keeping up with this project week by week so I keep it all straight. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment