Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One done!!


I just finished quilting my first customer quilt. The lady who pieced it is legally blind. She has help with the cutting but she does the sewing herself. She did a pretty darned good job. I have another one just like it to do for her too. Then I'll make and attach the bindings and a lady who helps her out will do the handwork.

Last night we had our FCE/Extension Club Christmas Party. One of our members invited us to her house and she & her husband cooked us a variety of Italian foods. It was all yummy but the tiramisu for dessert was wonderful. We all decided that her husband should give lessons to ours. He enjoys cooking, doesn't mind shopping, and while we were sitting around visiting he was in the kitchen cleaning up. What's not to like? I just wish I had taken my camera along to take a picture of the table. Jana has a knack for setting a pretty table.

Great food, nice gifts, grab bag fun and time spent visiting with friends. What more could we ask for? Well, maybe for our husbands to be more like Steve, but that isn't likely to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment