Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How cool is this?


My new MP3 player that I won came home today. At last. It had been at the P.O. already on Friday. I found the delivery notice in the mail box on Sat. but the P.O. closes early on Sat. So, Mon. I hot foot it to the P.O. only to find they are closed for Presidents Day. Now, I ask you, do they really NEED all those Federal holidays? I was working!! And they were keeping me from my good stuff!! Anyway, my name was put in a drawing along with everyone else's who completed the Nebraska Learns 2.0 online course at the Nebr. Library Commission & I was one of nine winners. Many thanks to the Nebr. Library Commission and the sponsors who provided the prizes: Nebraska Library Association, Nebraska Educational Media Association and the Information Technology and Access Round Table of NLA. Thanks too, to Allana, Susan, Christa and Michael for their patience with our sometimes less than technical wizardry.


Here's another cool thing. I was cruising Alycia C.'s blog one day, looking at pictures of QOV quilts donated for her No Soldier Forgotten project & there was something about this quilt that caught my eye. There was a close-up pic of a block & when I enlarged it I recognized it as one of the blocks I made to send to Sue Frank for Heartstrings last summer for the Red/White/Blue project. The blocks were put together & sent to Ann C. in Canada, who quilted it, bound it & sent it to Alycia. It was so fun to see what had been done with the blocks.

2 comments:

  1. Your still on a roll winning things I see. Maybe you should by that lotto ticket? Flicsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your still on a roll winning things I see. Maybe you should by that lotto ticket? Flicsha

    ReplyDelete