Sunday, May 17, 2009

Get 'er done Sunday

This morning the sun was shining brightly early on so I was up by 7 ready to get started on the planned yard work around the front of the house. By the time I had breakfast ate and coffee drank it was still chilly, had clouded over & the wind came up. Decided to wait on the outside work & started some stuff inside. Got the blue/brown/cream squares cut for my table cover, cut bindings for three quilts and cut the sashing for the cat quilt.


Later in the morning after the sun came back out and it warmed up a little I got started on the outside. Got the row of bricks put back along the side of the patio where they had been removed when the front steps were replaced, pulled the weeds from between the bricks and spayed Roundup. Got flowers planted in the long planter and the pots in the wrought iron holder. Got the cement pavers laid where the grill is supposed to set. I wanted to get the grass pulled out of the flower bed along the sidewalk to the garage, get it dug up and the petunias planted but the little bit of water I put on it last night didn't soften the dirt up enough to do a good job pulling the grass. I soaked it good with the hose and maybe later tonight or tomorrow afternoon I can get that done.

Here's the quality control officer inspecting the stitches on the just finished quilt. She's very serious about her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment