Monday, May 25, 2009

Lovely long weekend

I hope everyone is enjoying the last of the long weekend. Since I didn't have to go to work today, and the sun was shining when I got up, I got a couple loads of wash hung out. After a week of clouds, wind & occasional rain there was plenty to do. I did have to work Saturday & since I was trying to solve some computer problems with the online catalog (unsuccessfully, I might add) I worked late. Yesterday we spent the afternoon with some of my husband's cousins out at the farm where their grandparents used to live. A great grandson owns it now. They have a few electrical hookups for campers out there & some of their family is out there quite often. Every Memorial weekend there is an open invitation for all the relatives to stop in & visit a while.

This little guy has been my buddy since last Wednesday. He's our grand-dog, Max. He's my daughter's dog & they brought him to stay with us while they are in Georgia for a graduation & some vacation days. They'll be back to get him on Wednesday.


They also brought these flowers for my birthday.



And last, but not least, our cat has found a good use for the gas grill I put at the bottom of the front steps. From this vantage point he can survey his kingdom even better than he could just sitting on the steps. Don't you think he looks pretty content and satisfied with himself?

Haven't done much quilty the past few days. Yesterday I did take my camera along out to the farm because I wanted to show hubby's quilting cousin pictures of the last few quilts I worked on. Wouldn't you know it, even though I charged up a set of batteries before I left home they were dead when I went to show her the pictures. Guess I need a couple new sets of rechargeables. Of course if I bothered to print things out things like that wouldn't happen. How on earth did we live with film rolls that had to be finished & then be sent in to be developed?

No comments:

Post a Comment